Vietnam weather.. rainfall & temperature charts

I have been asked hundreds of times about Vietnam weather during different times of the year. Hopefully this post will answer all of your questions

For current Nha Trang conditions, click on this link

12 Comments

1. Kenneth Burchfield says:

Owen, I have been reading through all of your blog for quite some time now. I really enjoy it. I have been to Vietnam twice now and I envy you. I have a dream of living in Vietnam some day when I retire, with my wife, children and my wife’s family. I had never liked squid until my first trip to Vietnam. Us Americans do not know how to prepare it I suppose. I had fresh squid prepared by my wife’s mother and I was hooked! So delicious. The Vietnamese people are such wonderful people and I have made some friends of which I dearly miss. I have been working for a little over a year now in order to bring my wife to live with me and my family in Texas. She will be here August 3, next week. Finally success! I have thoroughly enjoyed my trips to Nha Trang also. I hope to meet you and your wife on my next visit. Thank you for your posts and I look forward to reading more in the future. :)

• Owee says:

Hi Kenneth,
      You and I both enjoy the warmth of Vietnamese people. mmmmmm squid…. one of my favorite foods.
      There are a number of Texans here and I am always open to meeting more.
      I look forward to meeting you also
      I have so many things to blog about, but no time. Retirement is very busy

2. Serge says:

Wow, this means it makes little to no sens to go to Nha Trang in November. :-(

3. kelly says:

ya even in jan/feb in past 2 years have bin bit stormmy with big rollers comeing in to beach area. bit unusal and tad cooler

4. sol says:

tq very much, y ur really hpfull..

5. Valeria says:

Hi,
    Can you please tell me how is usually the weather at the end of February in Sa pa, Ha noi, Ha Long Bay and Bin Minh?
    I will be there between 22 and 26 February and I am afraid it will be cold, rainy and foggy.
    Do you think that it is not advisable to visit during this time and better move south?
    Many thanks for your help/recommendations.

• Owee says:

I have been there in February and was absolutely cold and miserable, however, I had a friend who was lucky with nice skies (still cold). I do not want to be the one to tell you not to go, however, unless guiding a tour, I plan not to return Jan or Feb…….You will have to decide for yourself

6. Hannah says:

I have read varying views on the weather at the end of May/June in the South of Vietnam, we are hoping for somewhere with sunshine, and the ability to go to the beach, is this going to be possible? Thanks

7. Daniel says:

I will be in Vietnam from April 3 to
    the 14 and its my first time and I have not decided to fly to Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi I will love to do days trip outside the big city . Any suggestion will be very appreciated thanks you .